- Do not wear eye makeup – Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
- Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
Because of the amount of time involved in this procedure, it is crucial that some things are done before your appointment:
* Please, remove all eye makeup by using a gentle, non-oil-containing cleanser. Eye makeup affects the adhesive bond and reduces how long your eyelash can last.
* If you’re wearing contact lenses, remove them.
* Wear clothing that you’ll be comfortable in. A blanket will be available if you feel cold.
* To ensure you are comfortable and to save time, go to the bathroom before the procedure.
* Do not rub-on face creams or sunblock on the portion of the eyes that is to be treated. Many moisturizers contain oils that prevent adhesives from sticking to the natural eyelash and shorten the lifespan of the eyelash extensions.
* Do not wear mascara. Cleaning mascara takes a lot of time and makeup that is left can obstruct the effectiveness of the extension applied.
* Do not put on curly eyelashes before the appointment. Extensions don’t fit well with wavy eyelashes.
* Put your phone on the silent mode during the extension application. Communication in the treatment location is not advised because precision is required in the process. You are free to rest or listen to an audio during the extension application.
* If you currently have eyelash extensions that were not put on by us, please schedule a removal service on your first visit. It is best to prevent the harm that comes with mixing various adhesives and materials with extensions from other salons.
What should I expect from the start through the end of the session?
On your arrival, the first thing you’ll be required to do is complete a short form of Client reference. We’ll look into your requirements and expectations after a thorough assessment. You will lay on a soothing swivel-type treatment bed and close your eyes. It is strictly advised that you remove all eye makeup before your appointment. If you are unable to do this before your appointment, we’ll have to start with this before the procedure begins. A small under-eye pad will be used to protect your lower lashes. Every non-natural lash will be soaked in a bonding solvent that has a medical grade quality and then applied to each eyelash. The choice of lash length and the quantity used is determined by the client’s requests, and the thickness and health of the natural lashes. The whole procedure often takes between 90 to 150 minutes for a complete set. Fills take between 30 to 90 minutes.
An aftercare treatment is often an easy one to undertake as adequate care will prolong how well your eyelash extensions last.
The 48 hours after the procedure are very important in the treatment for a long-lasting bond. The adhesive must dry up properly. For this reason, it is vital you abide by these instructions:
* Ensure they remain dry. Don’t shower or use hot water to wash your face. Don’t let your lashes get wet.
* Don’t go swimming and avoid places with thermal bath or heat.
* Don’t use lotions or oil-containing creams around or on the eyes.
* Don’t use makeups on your eyes or lashes.
* Avoid these treatments on the eyes – perming, chemical treatment and tinting.
* Also avoid waxing, chemical peels or the use of laser treatments on the eye area.
* Don’t sleep on your stomach or your side.
After the first two days, the adhesives will dry. However, some activities will reduce the strength of the adhesive bond and consequently lead to an untimely loss of the extensions. Hence, these recommendations are advised:
* You may shower or swim but ensure not to expose yourself too much to water or heat.
* Be mild, never rub your eyes aggressively and don’t pull the lashes because this can both pull out the eyelashes and the extension.
* Do away with oil-containing eye products or makeup cleaning products containing oils. These kinds of products weaken the bond strength of the adhesive. We suggest you use Eye Makeup Remover facial cleanser and non-lint containing applicators to remove makeup.
* Using mascara will reduce the longevity of the lash extensions. You may choose to use water-based mascara that is not in excess.
* Don’t use eyelash curlers. They will ruin both the man-made and natural lashes.