Post Tattoo Lightening Aftercare
The best results are only achieved by carefully following these instructions. If during your healing process you have any questions or concerns, please contact us, and we will be happy to help.
Please note that the Tattoo Lightening procedure is a multi-step process, and it is expected that you will return for more than one treatment. The scheduling of additional visits should be done with at least 2 to 3 months from the moment the last treatment was performed. Also, keep in mind that in many cases the tattoo will not fade evenly.
Please read the following directions responsively as they are necessary.
You will notice that immediately after the procedure takes place, it will appear to be very purple, blue or red and that the initial color intensity will be significantly brighter or darker. Do not worry, this should fade as it heals. Your own natural healing as well as how the tattoo was applied will also determine how the transition develops. Also, depending on the tattoo, the area might become darker before it fades.
The best results are achieved by taking proper care when following up your procedure. If during your healing process you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- We recommend the use of ice packs protected with a clean cloth to reduce swelling. Please notice that ice should not have direct contact with your skin at all.
- The first two days after the procedure was done is normal to expect bruising and bleeding.
- Make sure to follow strict hygiene procedures with the treated area: always wash your hands and do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions.
- Natural peeling is the best way to achieve a perfectly even color. Please note this, since itching, scabbing and the formation of a dark crust are perfectly normal. Please DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR SCRATCH over the treated area, it might cause uneven color and extend the healing time. If the removal is in a high friction area or you can´t avoid scratching, cover it with a bandage. It is imperative not to shave the area until all scabbing has perfectly healed.
- If the removal is on the face, please do not apply makeup for 72 hours (three days). If you had an eyeliner procedure done please follow those three days with the use of new mascara for the following ten. Please note that you must not use an eyelash curler for two weeks after the treatment.
- No products should be used on the healing skin other than the ones instructed to you by our team, including skin creams, ointments, or lotions for at least 3 days after the procedure. It is very important to avoid exposing the healing skin to the direct sun (including tanning beds), saunas, extremely hot, salty or chlorinated water (including pools) for at least two weeks after your procedure.
- Please make sure to keep the treated area as dry as possible for at least three days. You can continue to shower washing the treated area gently with mild soap and water, and pat it dry as soon as possible (please do NOT rub it). It is important not to expose the area directly under a shower spray, scrub it, sit in a spa, swim in a pool, soak your body or do any activity where the area is submerged in the water.
- When itchiness develops to the point it is irritating, anti-itch, bandage or tape should be applied over the area after the first week of treatment. Scratching is to be avoided at all costs, since it can cause additional irritation and possible scarring.
- If the original color is not completely faded after the first procedure is applied, the process might be repeated once the skin is completely healed, usually after 3 months later.
- Your treated skin area can be re-tattooed after the skin has completely healed, usually after 3 months.
NOTE: The outcome of the tattoo lightening process depends largely on your skin as well as the implementation process and materials used in the original tattoo. Clients should have realistic expectations as Trendy Lash Styles may not achieve the ideal results for tattoo lightening.